- 2 pounds sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1¼ cups gluten-free organic rolled oats
- ¾ cup raw walnuts, crushed
- ¾ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Silk Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil or vegetable oil
- Whole-wheat or gluten-free mini slider buns
- Avocado, additional Worcestershire sauce, onion, kale, mustard and mayonnaise, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine sweet potato cubes, olive oil, garlic powder and salt. Spread into a single, even layer on a large baking sheet and roast until golden brown (approximately 35-40 minutes).
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Place the roasted sweet potatoes into the bowl of a food processor along with soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Pulse 15-20 times to combine.
- Add onion and chickpeas and pulse until fully combined, occasionally stopping to scrape down the food processor bowl. Mix just until the chickpeas and onion are fully incorporated. NOTE: the mixture should have the consistency of mashed potatoes. Avoid overmixing.
- Combine oats, walnuts, flaxseed meal and paprika in a large bowl.
- Fold sweet potato mixture into the dry ingredients, then mix in Silk.
- Measure out ⅓ cup of the mixture at a time and, using your hands, form into round burger-shaped patties.
- Heat the coconut or vegetable oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the patties and sauté until golden brown on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve on slider buns with your choice of toppings.
- Serving size: 1 slider
- Per serving: 620 calories; 31 g fat(3 g sat); 16 g fiber; 76 g carbohydrates; 16 g protein; 0cholesterol; 11 g sugars; 21,500 IU vitamin A; 9 mg vitamin C; 200 mg calcium; 4 mg iron; 900 mg sodium;
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (430% daily value), Iron (22% dv), Calcium (20% dv)
Body Fit by Lynette, LLC dba BODY FIT GYM
2703 Bearco Lp
La Grande, OR 97850
VETERANS APPLY FOR A FREE YEAR MEMBERSHIP: http://liftforthe22.org/select.php
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach