- 1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 large slices whole-wheat country bread, cut in half, or 8 small slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 thin slices tomato
- Combine cheese and pesto in a small bowl. Evenly spread the mixture onto half the bread slices. Top with the remaining bread. Brush both sides of each sandwich with oil. Individually wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- Prepare a campfire and let it burn down to the coals. Add 2 tomato slices to each sandwich and rewrap in the foil. Cook the sandwiches 4 to 6 inches above the coals, pressing down with a spatula and flipping a few times until the cheese is melted and the bread is crisped, 10 to 15 minutes. Open carefully. Serve hot.
- To make ahead: Prepare through Step 1 and store sandwiches in a refrigerator or cold cooler for up to 1 day before adding tomato and cooking.
- Serving size: 1 sandwich
- Per serving: 272 calories; 19 g fat(6 g sat); 2 g fiber; 14 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 21 mcg folate; 22 mg cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 2 g added sugars; 646 IU vitamin A; 4 mg vitamin C; 209 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 419 mg sodium; 187 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (21% daily value)
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach