- 8 ounces whole-wheat elbow noodles (2 cups)
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cups low-fat milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Ready In 25 m
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta for 4 minutes. Add frozen broccoli and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the pasta and broccoli are just tender, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 1/2 cups milk in another large pot over medium-high heat until just simmering. Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup milk, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl until combined. Add the flour mixture to the simmering milk; return to a simmer and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture is thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in Cheddar, Parmesan and mustard until the cheese is melted.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and add to the cheese sauce. Return to the heat and cook, stirring, over medium-low heat, until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serving size: 1 1/4 cups
- Per serving: 412 calories; 13 g fat(7 g sat); 7 g fiber; 56 g carbohydrates; 22 g protein; 56 mcg folate; 37 mg cholesterol; 8 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1245 IU vitamin A; 40 mg vitamin C; 414 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 640 mg sodium; 236 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (68% daily value), Calcium (41% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv), Magnesium (16% dv).
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
- Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 reduced-fat milk, 1 high-fat meat
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach