- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (about 3 medium), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, (3 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place broth, zucchini and tarragon (or dill) in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the zucchini is tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Puree in a blender (see Tip), in batches if necessary, until smooth. Return the soup to the pan and heat over medium-high, slowly stirring in cheese until it is incorporated. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot or chilled.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Serve chilled or reheat.
- Serving size: 1 1/4 cups
- Per serving: 110 calories; 5 g fat(3 g sat); 2 g fiber; 7 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 46 mcg folate; 15 mg cholesterol; 4 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 578 IU vitamin A; 31 mg vitamin C; 182 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 757 mg sodium; 606 mg potassium
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Dedicated to your Health & Happiness!
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach