- 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 large garlic, minced
- 1/4-inch-thick fresh pineapple rings
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- toasted slider buns, preferably whole-wheat
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 small leaves Boston lettuce
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine turkey, teriyaki sauce, scallions and garlic in a medium bowl; gently knead together. Do not overmix. Form into 6 burgers, about 3 inches wide.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the burgers until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165 °F, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Grill pineapple rings until lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Grill onions until lightly charred and starting to soften, about 2 minutes per side.
- Assemble the burgers on toasted buns with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, 1 lettuce leaf, 1 pineapple ring and about 3 onion rings each.
- To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
- Serving size: 1 slider
- Per serving: 286 calories; 12 g fat(2 g sat); 2 g fiber; 28 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 25 mcg folate; 58 mg cholesterol; 10 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 306 IU vitamin A; 29 mg vitamin C; 74 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 320 mg sodium; 281 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (48% daily value)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2
- Exchanges: 2 lean protein, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat, 1 starch
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach