Makes: 20 bite-size wraps
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 stalk lemongrass, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated
- fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup tamarind paste or quince paste
- 1/2 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 10 shrimp, cooked and cut into thirds
- 1 teaspoon seasoned or spicy salt
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, cleaned and torn to hand-size pieces
- 3 shallots, slivered
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, slivered
- 2 to 3 jalapeño and/or red chile peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 3 to 4 limes, thinly sliced and cut into small wedges
- In a saute pan over medium heat, toast the coconut flakes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they are golden brown (watch closely, they burn fast). Transfer them to a bowl.
- Add the lemongrass and grated ginger to the saute pan and dry toast them for 2 minutes. Add the hot water, fish sauce, tamarind paste, and sugar and stir until combined. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the toasted coconut flakes, transfer the sauce to a bowl, and set it aside.
- Bring the heat back up to medium-high and melt the coconut oil in the saute pan. Add the shrimp and sprinkle them with the seasoned salt. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they are curled and pink. Chop them into small pieces.
- Arrange all the ingredients within reach in this order: chard, shallots, ginger, jalapeños, the remaining toasted coconut, shrimp, peanuts, sauce, and lime wedges. Start with a piece of chard and add a pinch each of shallots and ginger, 1 to 2 pieces of the jalapeños, a pinch of toasted coconut, a few bits of shrimp, 1 to 2 peanuts, a drizzle of sauce, and the juice from a lime wedge. Roll it up (don’t try to make them pretty, this is street food!) and pop it into your mouth!
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach