- ½ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup diced or sliced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 hard-boiled egg (see Tips), chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted cashews (see Tips)
- Place yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, water, honey, curry powder, salt and pepper in a bowl or a blender; whisk or blend until smooth.
- Place greens in an individual salad bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. (Refrigerate the remaining dressing.) Top the greens with bell pepper, cranberries, egg and cashews.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate leftover dressing for up to 5 days.
- Tips: To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
- To toast cashews: Spread nuts on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Per serving: 368 calories; 16 g fat(4 g sat); 7 g fiber; 48 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; 264 mcg folate; 190 mg cholesterol; 29 g sugars; 21 g added sugars; 7,123 IU vitamin A; 124 mg vitamin C; 166 mg calcium; 4 mg iron; 432 mg sodium; 899 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (207% daily value), Vitamin A (142% dv), Folate (66% dv), Iron (22% dv)
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach