- 6 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken breast (see Tip)
- 1 ripe but firm pear, diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- 4 4- to 5-inch whole-wheat pita breads, cut in half
- 2 cups sprouts
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise and curry powder in a large bowl. Add chicken, pear, celery, cranberries and almonds; toss to combine.
- Fill each pita half with ½ cup chicken salad and ¼ cup sprouts.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the salad (Step 1) for up to 2 days.
- Tip: If you don't have cooked chicken, poach about 12 ounces chicken breast for this recipe. Place boneless, skinless chicken breast in a medium skillet or saucepan. Add lightly salted water (or chicken broth) to cover and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 15 minutes.
- To toast sliced or slivered almonds: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Per serving: 352 calories; 9 g fat(2 g sat); 6 g fiber; 43 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 32 mcg folate; 61 mg cholesterol; 17 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 130 IU vitamin A; 4 mg vitamin C; 100 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 324 mg sodium; 438 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach