- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 large shallot, halved
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves (about 1 pound each)
- Combine broth, wine, shallot, thyme, bay leaf, salt and peppercorns in a large saucepan. Add chicken, meaty-side down. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a bare simmer; cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat registers 165°F, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board. When cool enough to handle, shred or chop the meat as desired (discard skin and bones).
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate chicken for up to 5 days. Refrigerate poaching liquid separately for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serving size: ¾ cup
- Per serving: 81 calories; 2 g fat(0 g sat); 0 g fiber; 1 g carbohydrates; 14 g protein; 2 mcg folate;37 mg cholesterol; 0 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 17 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C; 8 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 56 mg sodium; 136 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette, LLC dba BODY FIT GYM
2703 Bearco Lp
La Grande, OR 97850
VETERANS APPLY FOR A FREE YEAR MEMBERSHIP: http://liftforthe22.org/select.php
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach