- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 ounces whole shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 8 small slices whole-grain bread (or 4 large slices, halved)
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon finely grated or minced garlic
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced
- 8 thin slices tomato
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Stir oil, tamari and paprika together in a medium bowl. Add shiitakes and stir until all the liquid is absorbed. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 30 minutes.
- Toast bread. Stir mayonnaise and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture on each of 4 pieces of toast. Divide avocado, tomato, lettuce and the roasted shiitakes over the toasts. Top with the remaining toasts.
- Serving size: 1 sandwich
- Per serving: 271 calories; 19 g fat(2 g sat); 6 g fiber; 21 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 109 mcg folate; 0 cholesterol; 4 g sugars; 2 g added sugars; 4,045 IU vitamin A; 8 mg vitamin C; 49 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 541 mg sodium; 530 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (81% daily value), Folate (27% dv)
Body Fit by Lynette, LLC dba BODY FIT GYM
2703 Bearco Lp
La Grande, OR 97850
VETERANS APPLY FOR A FREE YEAR MEMBERSHIP: http://liftforthe22.org/select.php
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach