- 6 cups water
- 8 2½ x 1-inch strips lemon peel (see Tips)
- 2 inch piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 green tea bags
- Sugar substitute (see Tips) (optional)
- Lemon slices (optional)
- In a large saucepan bring the water, lemon strips, and ginger to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove lemon and ginger.
- Place tea bags in a teapot and immediately add simmering lemon-infused water. Cover and let steep 1 to 3 minutes. Remove tea bags, squeezing gently.
- Serve immediately in heatproof glass mugs or cups. If desired, sweeten to taste with sugar substitute and serve with lemon slices.
- Test Kitchen Tip: Remove lemon peel with a vegetable peeler. If necessary, use a sharp knife to scrape off any white pith that remains on the peel, as this can cause bitterness.
- For a sugar substitute, choose Splenda Granular.
- For a single serving, in a small saucepan bring 1½ cups water, one 2½x1-inch lemon peel strip, and 1 thin slice fresh ginger to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Remove lemon and ginger. Place 1 green tea bag in a heatproof glass mug or cup and immediately add simmering lemon-infused water. Let steep 1 to 3 minutes. Remove tea bag, squeezing gently. Serve immediately. If desired, sweeten to taste with sugar substitute and serve with a lemon slice. Makes 1⅓ cups.
- Serving size: 5 servings
- Per serving: 3 calories; 0 fat(0 g sat); 0 carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g added sugars; 0 calcium; 0 mg iron; 3 mg sodium; 21 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette, LLC dba BODY FIT GYM
2703 Bearco Lp
La Grande, OR 97850
VETERANS APPLY FOR A FREE YEAR MEMBERSHIP: http://liftforthe22.org/select.php
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach