Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 13 1/2 oz 1% milk
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp plus 5 tsp organic evaporated cane juice, divided
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Place 5 4-oz ramekins in a large baking pan. Fill pan with enough hot tap water to cover ramekins halfway.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk and espresso powder. Place on medium-low heat until mixture just begins to steam, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine egg yolks, vanilla and 3 tbsp cane juice. Whisk or use an electric hand mixer to beat until mixture thickens and turns pale yellow in color, about 2 minutes. Add 1 tbsp milk-espresso mixture and stir to combine. Slowly add remaining milk-espresso mixture, stirring constantly. Pour mixture into ramekins, dividing evenly. Transfer to oven and bake until set, about 50 minutes. Carefully remove from oven. (NOTE: They may jiggle slightly when removed from oven.) Let cool to room temperature in water bath, about 30 minutes.
- Arrange oven rack in highest position and preheat broiler. Transfer ramekins to a baking sheet and sprinkle each with 1 tsp cane juice. Transfer to oven and broil until cane juice melts and caramelizes, 3 to 5 minutes. (Alternatively, brown tops with a small torch.) Serve immediately.
Dedicated to your Health & Happiness!
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach