- 6 cups 1% milk
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, (see Tip)
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup brandy, bourbon or rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup light whipping cream
- Bring milk and nutmeg to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl until smooth. Whisking constantly, gradually add hot milk; return mixture to saucepan.
- Cook the eggnog over very low heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat the back of the spoon, 10 to 15 minutes. (Temperature must reach 160°F; do not let eggnog come to a simmer.) Remove from the heat and pour through a fine-meshed sieve into a bowl.
- Whisk in brandy (or bourbon or rum) and vanilla. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the eggnog and refrigerate until chilled, for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, add cream to eggnog. Ladle into cups and serve garnished with more grated nutmeg.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tip: Use a nutmeg grater or the tiniest holes of a box grater to grate whole nutmeg.
- Per serving: 138 calories; 4 g fat(2 g sat); 0 g fiber; 19 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 10 mcg folate; 43 mg cholesterol; 18 g sugars; 335 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C; 161 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 116 mg sodium; 202 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette, LLC dba BODY FIT GYM
2703 Bearco Lp
La Grande, OR 97850
VETERANS APPLY FOR A FREE YEAR MEMBERSHIP: http://liftforthe22.org/select.php
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach