- 2/3 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar or 1/3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (see Tips)
- 3/4 cup canned unseasoned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Coat 3 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, brown sugar (or Splenda), pumpkin, oil and molasses in a second bowl until well combined. Stir the wet ingredients and raisins into the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Drop the batter by level tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies until firm to the touch and lightly golden on top, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom halfway through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Make Ahead Tip: Store cookies in an airtight container, with wax paper between the layers, for up to 2 days or freeze for longer storage.
- Tips: Whole-wheat pastry flour is milled from soft wheat. It contains less gluten than regular whole-wheat flour and helps ensure a tender result in delicate baked goods while providing the nutritional benefits of whole grains. Find it at large supermarkets and natural-foods stores. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Per serving: 72 calories; 2 g fat(0 g sat); 1 g fiber; 13 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 9 mcg folate;10 mg cholesterol; 9 g sugars; 7 g added sugars; 810 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C; 22 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 70 mg sodium; 87 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (17% daily value)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Dedicated to your Health & Happiness!
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach