Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1.5 cups
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 — 4 oz cans diced green chiles
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat, shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 4 — 9" La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious™ Low Carb, High Fiber Tortillas
- ½ cup reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 oz tortilla chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine broth and can of chiles in a large skillet and bring to a boil. Add chicken, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Turning chicken once during the 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from cooking liquid and set 1 cup of cooking liquid aside for later use.
- Let chicken cool.
- Once cooled, shred chicken with two forks and set aside.
- In the same skillet used to cook the chicken (with the 1 cup leftover cooking liquid), heat one can of chilies and onion over medium-high heat. Sauté for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add milk and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Add reduced-fat, shredded Mexican cheese blend and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add enchilada sauce and shredded chicken and mix well.
- In 9x13 baking dish, lightly coated with nonstick cooking spay, place 2 tortillas, side by side (slightly overlapping).
- Top with half of your chicken mixture.
- Repeat with other two tortillas and the other half of your chicken mixture. Top the last layer with cheddar cheese and crumbled chips.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bae for an additional 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Per Serving (1.5 cups):
Vitamin A: 16%
Vitamin C: 8%
WWP+: 7 points
Dedicated to your Health & Happiness!
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach