- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, American-style or Dutch-process
- 3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (50-72% cacao), coarsely chopped, plus 2½ ounces chopped into mini chip-size pieces, divided
- 1½ tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tablespoons light corn syrup, blended with 3 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted walnuts, (see Tip), optional
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 350°F. Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil, letting it overhang on two opposing sides. Coat with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, confectioners' sugar and cocoa together into a small bowl. Combine the 3 ounces coarsely chopped chocolate and oil in a heavy medium saucepan; place over the lowest heat, stirring, until just melted and smooth, being very careful the chocolate does not overheat. Remove from the heat and stir in granulated sugar, corn syrup mixture, vanilla and salt until the sugar dissolves. Vigorously stir in egg until smoothly incorporated. Gently stir in the dry ingredients. Fold in the walnuts (if using) and the remaining 2½ ounces chopped chocolate just until well blended. Turn out the batter into the pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake the brownies until almost firm in the center and a toothpick inserted comes out with some moist batter clinging to it, 20 to 24 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack, about 2½ hours.
- Using the overhanging foil as handles, carefully lift the brownie slab from the pan. Peel the foil from the bottom; set the slab right-side up on a cutting board. Using a large, sharp knife, trim off any dry edges. Mark and then cut the slab crosswise into fifths and lengthwise into fourths. Wipe the blade with a damp cloth between cuts.
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- Tip: To toast chopped nuts: Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 brownie
- Per serving: 102 calories; 4.0 g fat(2.0 g sat); 1.0 g fiber; 17.0 g carbohydrates; 1.0 g protein; 16.0 mcg folate; 9 mg cholesterol; 12.0 g sugars; 14.0 IU vitamin A; 0.0 mg vitamin C; 5.0 mg calcium; 1.0 mg iron; 20 mg sodium; 38.0 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach