Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 2/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4-oz dark chocolate with cherries, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh or dried unsweetened seeded cherries
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 sprigs mintINSTRUCTIONS:
- Line a sieve with two sheets of paper towel. Place over a bowl and pour in yogurt. Place in refrigerator to drain for 30 minutes. Discard excess liquid from bowl. Transfer drained yogurt to a bowl and whip vigorously with a whisk.
- Place chocolate in a clean, dry heat-proof bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a simmer. Place bowl with chocolate over simmering water and melt, stirring occasionally. Whisk chocolate into yogurt and vigorously whip until smooth. Pour into two serving dishes. Refrigerate until needed.
- In a small saucepan, bring cherries, honey, vanilla and 1/4 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until cherries have softened, about 5 minutes. To serve, top yogurt mixture with cherry topping and mint. Serve mousse chilled and cherry topping lightly warmed or at room temperature.
- Nutrients per serving (1/2 of recipe): Calories: 185, Total Fat: 6 g, Sat. Fat: 4 g, Carbs: 18 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 15 g, Protein: 8 g, Sodium: 27 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
Dedicated to your Health & Happiness!
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach