- 1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal (see Tip)
- 7 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup strawberry or apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh apricots (1/2-inch)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (1/4-inch)
- Preheat oven to 425 °F. Coat a 9- to 10-inch spring form pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, almond flour (or meal), 6 tablespoons sugar, lemon zest and salt in a large bowl. Work butter into the flour mixture using a pastry blender, two knives or your fingertips until it's pea-sized. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Add egg yolks and vanilla and stir them into the dry ingredients with a fork until evenly mixed. Using your hands, crumble the mixture with your fingers until it's evenly combined and looks like coarse, crumbly wet sand. Set aside 1 cup for the topping.
- Transfer the remaining mixture to the prepared pan; spread evenly and press firmly into the bottom to form a crust. Spread preserves over the crust with a small offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Make a slightly overlapping ring of apricots around the outer edge. Fill the center with a slightly overlapping layer of strawberries. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, then with the reserved topping.
- Place the tart on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 °. Continue baking until the fruit is bubbling and the top is starting to brown, 30 to 35 minutes more. Let cool on a wire rack for about 1 hour before removing the pan sides and cutting into slices.
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Per serving: 315 calories; 14 g fat(6 g sat); 4 g fiber; 44 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 21 mcg folate; 92 mg cholesterol; 22 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 840 IU vitamin A; 22 mg vitamin C; 37 mg calcium; 4 mg iron; 157 mg sodium; 163 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (37% daily value), Iron (21% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fruit, 2 1/2 fat
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach