- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups chopped pitted dates, (8 ounces)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Combine butter, sugar and dates in a large saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, until the butter is melted, the sugar is no longer white and the dates are mostly melted, 8 to 15 minutes. The mixture should be a shiny, brown sticky mass. Remove from the heat.
- Add salt, vanilla, cereal and coconut; stir well to combine.
- When cool enough to handle, squeeze and roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Storage smarts: To extend the life of your baked goods, store them in an airtight container in a single layer or between layers of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Per serving: 52 calories; 2 g fat(1 g sat); 0 g fiber; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 12 mcg folate; 3 mg cholesterol; 7 g sugars; 72 IU vitamin A; 1 mg vitamin C; 3 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 13 mg sodium; 39 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach