- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature (see Tip)
- ½ cup granulated sugar plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can low-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sliced strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Beat eggs, ½ cup sugar and vanilla in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or with a hand-held electric mixer) on medium-high speed until very light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Add half the flour mixture; mix on low speed until combined. Add milk and then the remaining flour mixture; mix until just combined. Evenly spread the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the cake until lightly browned and springs back when gently pressed in the center, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 25 minutes.
- Whisk condensed milk and evaporated milk in a medium bowl. Poke holes all over the cake with a fork. Slowly pour the milk mixture over the cake and around the edges. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Just before serving, beat cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the cake. Top with strawberries, if desired.
- Tip: To bring eggs to room temperature set them out on the counter for 15 minutes or submerge (in the shell) in a bowl of lukewarm (not hot) water for 5 minutes.
- To make ahead: Prepare through Step 4 and refrigerate for up to 1 day; finish with Step 5 just before serving.
- Equipment: 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish
- Serving size: 1 2-inch square each
- Per serving: 190 calories; 6 g fat(4 g sat); 0 g fiber; 27 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 22 mcg folate; 50 mg cholesterol; 20 g sugars; 15 g added sugars; 333 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C; 141 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 164 mg sodium; 277 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette, LLC dba BODY FIT GYM
2703 Bearco Lp
La Grande, OR 97850
VETERANS APPLY FOR A FREE YEAR MEMBERSHIP: http://liftforthe22.org/select.php
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach