- 2½ cups rolled oats (see Tip)
- 1½ cups unsalted almonds, toasted
- ½ cup pure maple syrup plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract 4 Fl Oz
$18.99 for 1 itemThru 07/03
Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract 2 Fl Oz
$10.99 for 1 itemThru 05/16
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups fresh berries and/or sliced stone fruit, such as peaches
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Combine oats and almonds in a food processor and pulse until they're the texture of sand. Add ½ cup maple syrup, vanilla and salt, then distribute butter evenly over the top. Pulse until combined. Turn the dough out onto the prepared baking sheet. With wet hands, gently press it into a 9-by-12-inch rectangle. Pierce the crust all over with a fork and brush with egg.
- Bake the crust until browned, rotating the pan from back to front halfway through, about 25 minutes. Let cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then use 2 -spatulas to carefully transfer it to a cutting board.
- Just before serving, combine fruit and sugar in a medium bowl. Beat cream and the remaining 3 tablespoons maple syrup in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in yogurt. Spread the whipped cream over the crust. With a slotted spoon, arrange the fruit on top. Cut into 16 pieces and serve immediately.
- To make ahead: Prepare crust (Steps 1-3), cover and store at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Equipment: Parchment paper
- Tip: People with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity should use oats that are labeled “gluten-free,” as oats are often cross-contaminated with wheat and barley.
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Per serving: 284 calories; 19 g fat(8 g sat); 3 g fiber; 25 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 18 mcg folate; 38 mg cholesterol; 13 g sugars; 9 g added sugars; 477 IU vitamin A; 4 mg vitamin C; 79 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 121 mg sodium; 245 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette, LLC dba BODY FIT GYM
2703 Bearco Lp
La Grande, OR 97850
VETERANS APPLY FOR A FREE YEAR MEMBERSHIP: http://liftforthe22.org/select.php
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach