- 1 tablespoon Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- ¾ teaspoon gelatin
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs, separated (see Tip)
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, raspberries and/or chocolate shavings for garnish
- Combine Chambord and milk in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin on top and let stand to soften.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on High for 1 minute. Stir well, then continue microwaving in 30-second increments on High until two-thirds of the chocolate has melted, stirring well after each burst.
- Bring 1 inch water to a bare simmer in a medium saucepan. Combine egg yolks, 3 tablespoons sugar and salt in a metal bowl large enough to rest in the pan without touching the water. Set the bowl over the water and whisk constantly until the sugar dissolves, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the gelatin mixture and whisk until it dissolves, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; whisk in the chocolate and vanilla.
- Beat egg whites in a clean large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and continue beating until the mixture holds stiff, shiny peaks.
- Whisk one-fourth of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until smooth. With a rubber spatula, gently fold the remaining egg whites into the chocolate mixture just until incorporated. Divide among 8 dessert dishes (about ½ cup each).
- Cover and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours. Serve garnished with whipped cream, raspberries and/or chocolate shavings, if desired.
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tips: To eliminate the risk of foodborne illness when consuming barely cooked or raw eggs, try pasteurized-in-the-shell eggs-stamped with a blue “P.” They're exposed to just enough heat to make them safe to eat raw.
- Serving size: scant ½ cup each
- Per serving: 115 calories; 6 g fat(3 g sat); 1 g fiber; 14 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 12 mcg folate; 93 mg cholesterol; 12 g sugars; 8 g added sugars; 139 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C; 17 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 73 mg sodium; 39 mg potassium
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, ½ lean meat, 1 fat
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach