- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Grind oats in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth and creamy. With the mixer running, add the dry ingredients, beating on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, at least 1 inch apart, onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until firm around the edges and golden on top, about 15 minutes. Cool the cookies for 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Make Ahead Tip: The cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Storage smarts: To extend the life of your baked goods, store them in an airtight container in a single layer or between layers of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Per serving: 99 calories; 5 g fat(2 g sat); 1 g fiber; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 mcg folate;10 mg cholesterol; 8 g sugars; 8 g added sugars; 57 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C; 8 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 64 mg sodium; 41 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach