- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pecan halves, toasted (see Tip)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1⅓ cups hot strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Combine milk, egg, oil and vanilla in a glass measuring cup. Make a well in center of the dry ingredients and gradually pour in the milk mixture, stirring until combined. Stir in pecans. Spoon into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Dissolve brown sugar in coffee; spoon over batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes; serve hot or warm.
- Per serving: 142 calories; 5 g fat(1 g sat); 1 g fiber; 24 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 4 mcg folate; 16 mg cholesterol; 15 g sugars; 14 g added sugars; 25 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C; 45 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 202 mg sodium; 93 mg potassium
Dedicated to your Health & Happiness!
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach