- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar plus ¼ cup, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups whole-milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Blueberries & mint for garnish
- Whisk eggs, ½ cup sugar, and salt in a heavy saucepan until slightly thick. Whisk in buttermilk. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats a metal spoon and reaches 165°F, about 10 minutes. Set the pan in a bowl of ice water and stir until cooled. Stir in yogurt. Refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine blueberries, the remaining ¼ cup sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking frequently. Reduce heat and simmer until syrupy, about 5 minutes. Let cool. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours.
- Freeze the chilled buttermilk mixture in a 1½- or 2-qt. ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container. Swirl in the blueberry mixture. Freeze until firm, 6 to 8 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh blueberries and mint, if desired.
- Sugar Substitute: Use Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking. Follow package directions to use ½ cup and ¼ cup equivalents. Nutrition Per Serving with Substitute: Same as below, except 103 calories, 12 g carbohydrate (11 g sugars).
- Equipment: 1½- or 2-qt. ice cream maker
- Serving size: ½ cup
- Per serving: 122 calories; 3 g fat(2 g sat); 1 g fiber; 19 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 37 mg cholesterol; 18 g sugars; 95 mg sodium;
Body Fit by Lynette, LLC dba BODY FIT GYM
2703 Bearco Lp
La Grande, OR 97850
VETERANS APPLY FOR A FREE YEAR MEMBERSHIP: http://liftforthe22.org/select.php
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach