Hands-on Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes (plus overnight soaking)
- 1 1/2 cups whole-grain farro, soaked overnight (see note)
- 1 red onion, cut into small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked great northern beans (or 1 15-oz BPA-free can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/4 tsp raw honey
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 8 oz large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Drain farro and spread it out on a baking sheet to dry slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine onion and garlic. In a medium saucepan on medium, add 2 tsp oil. Sauté half of onion and garlic mixture for 1 minute. Add farro, oregano and pepper flakes; stir for 1 minute more. Pour in 2¼ cups water, stir and increase heat to bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low; simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, until farro is tender but still chewy. Stir in beans and ¼ tsp salt; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, 2 tbsp oil, honey, remaining ¼ tsp salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat remaining 1 tsp oil. Add remaining half of onion and garlic mixture; sauté for 1 minute. Add spinach and sauté for 2 minutes, until wilted. Toss in shrimp and sauté for 3 minutes, until pink and cooked through.
- Transfer farro to a serving bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss. Top with shrimp and spinach and sprinkle with feta and walnuts.
Dedicated to your Health & Happiness!
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach