Makes: 4 servings
- 8 slices center-cut bacon, halved
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated or minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 slices sprouted-wheat bread
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 4 romaine leaves
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Meanwhile, mash avocado in a medium bowl. Stir in basil, mayonnaise, garlic, salt and pepper. Toast bread.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the avocado mixture on 4 slices of toast. Top each with 4 pieces of bacon, 2 tomato slices, 1 lettuce leaf, 1/4 cup sprouts and the remaining toast.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (19% daily value), Vitamin C (18% dv), Folate (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 high-fat meat, 2 fat
Dedicated to your Health & Happiness!
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach