Makes: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 pounds cod (see Tips), cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil or avocado oil cooking spray (see Tips)
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons or dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine panko and Parmesan in a shallow dish. Place flour and egg in 2 separate shallow dishes. Sprinkle cod with 1/4 teaspoon each pepper and salt. Dredge the cod in flour, shaking off excess, then dip in egg, letting excess drip off, then coat with the panko mixture. Generously coat the top of each portion with cooking spray.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Place the cod, sprayed-side down, on the rack. Coat the second side generously with cooking spray. Bake the fish until golden brown, 10 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, cornichons (or pickles), shallot and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Serve the cod with the tartar sauce and lemon wedges, garnished with parsley, if desired.
- Our favorite cod is U.S. Pacific cod from Alaskan waters; other West Coast cod and some Atlantic cod (sometimes called scrod) can also be sustainable choices. For the most up-to-date information about choosing sustainable seafood, visit seafoodwatch.org.
- Heart-healthy avocado oil has a subtle buttery flavor. It’s great for high-heat cooking, like oven-frying and sautéing, and tasty in salad dressings—and we love the convenience of it in a spray bottle.
- Cut Down on Dishes: A rimmed baking sheet is great for everything from roasting to catching accidental drips and spills. For effortless cleanup and to keep your baking sheets in tip-top shape, line them with a layer of foil before each use.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin B12 (44% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat
Dedicated to your Health & Happiness!
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach