- 5 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor. Process until finely grated. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover loosely and microwave on High for 3 minutes. Let cool slightly. Transfer the cauliflower to a clean kitchen towel and wring out excess moisture. Return to the bowl and stir in Cheddar, egg and salt until thoroughly combined. Place a 3-inch biscuit cutter on the prepared baking sheet. Fill the cutter with about ¼ cup of the batter, patting down slightly in the mold. Repeat with the remaining batter, leaving about 1 inch between each one, until you have 8 "muffins."
- Bake until browned and crispy around the edges, about 25 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings or use to make a breakfast sandwich.
- Serving size: 2 muffins
- Per serving: 165 calories; 11 g fat(6 g sat); 3 g fiber; 8 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 90 mcg folate; 74 mg cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 418 IU vitamin A; 64 mg vitamin C; 237 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 315 mg sodium; 439 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (107% daily value), Calcium (24% dv), Folate (22% dv)
Body Fit by Lynette, LLC dba BODY FIT GYM
2703 Bearco Lp
La Grande, OR 97850
VETERANS APPLY FOR A FREE YEAR MEMBERSHIP: http://liftforthe22.org/select.php
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach