- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed (see Tips)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- ¼ teaspoon apple pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 medium apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar (see Tips)
- 2 teaspoons water
- Caramel Sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet with flared sides. Place skillet in oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until butter melts. Meanwhile, for batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, milk, apple pie spice, and salt until mixture is smooth. Immediately pour batter into the hot skillet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and well browned.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat an unheated medium saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add apple slices, brown sugar, and the water. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until apples are golden brown and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Shortly before pancake is done, prepare caramel sauce: In a small saucepan, stir together brown sugar (see Tips) and cornstarch. Stir in water. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Spoon apple mixture into pancake; drizzle with sauce. Cut into wedges.
- Tips: You can substitute 3 eggs for the ¾ cup egg product.
- Sugar Substitutes: Choose from Sugar Twin® Granulated Brown or Sweet 'N Low® Brown to substitute for brown sugar in pancake. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 2 tablespoons brown sugar. PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: same as below, except 128 cal., 21 g carbo., 136 mg sodium.
- We do not recommend using a brown sugar substitute in the caramel sauce. Use ½ cup purchased sugar-free caramel sauce instead of making the sauce, if desired.
- Serving size: 1 pancake wedge, ¼ cup apples, and 1½ tablespoons caramel sauce
- Per serving: 145 calories; 3 g fat(2 g sat); 1 g fiber; 25 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 33 mcg folate; 7 mg cholesterol; 15 g sugars; 520 IU vitamin A; 2 mg vitamin C; 50 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 138 mg sodium; 169 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette, LLC dba BODY FIT GYM
2703 Bearco Lp
La Grande, OR 97850
VETERANS APPLY FOR A FREE YEAR MEMBERSHIP: http://liftforthe22.org/select.php
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach