- 1 small russet potato (about 9 ounces), scrubbed (skin left on)
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Prick potato in several spots in a fork; microwave on High for 4 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then chop into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon over medium-high heat in an 8-inch cast-iron skillet until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet, but leave the bacon drippings in the pan. Add oil and diced potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until the potatoes are browned, about 5 minutes. Add spinach; stir to combine and just wilt, about 1 minute. Season with salt.
- Make 2 wells in the center of the hash and crack one egg into each well. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the eggs are partially set, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the eggs whites are completely set, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Chop the bacon and sprinkle on top. Garnish with a generous grinding of pepper.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cool and refrigerate the microwaved potato (Step 1) in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
- Serving size: 1 skillet
- Per serving: 708 calories; 42 g fat(15 g sat); 5 g fiber; 51 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 269 mcg folate; 424 mg cholesterol; 2 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 9409 IU vitamin A; 40 mg vitamin C; 468 mg calcium; 7 mg iron; 928 mg sodium; 1786 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (188% daily value), Folate & Vitamin C (66% dv), Potassium (51% dv), Calcium (49% dv), Magnesium (39% dv), Iron (38% dv), Zinc (27% dv), Vitamin B12 (22% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3
- Exchanges: 3 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 2 medium-fat meat, 1 1/2 high-fat meat, 3 1/2 fat
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach