- 1¾ cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter or coconut oil, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter (or coconut oil) in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each adding. Add banana, buttermilk and vanilla; beat until combined. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed until just combined. Fold in walnuts (or chocolate chips), if using. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Per serving: 221 calories; 6 g fat(3 g sat); 3 g fiber; 39 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 12 mcg folate; 50 mg cholesterol; 20 g sugars; 15 g added sugars; 229 IU vitamin A; 3 mg vitamin C; 58 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 243 mg sodium; 179 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach