- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups white whole-wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans (see Tip), chopped
- Put shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, milk, butter, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Fold in the zucchini and nuts.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet (or griddle) with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook pancakes in batches, using a scant 1/3 cup batter for each and spreading it to make them about 4 inches wide. Cook until bubbles dot the surface, 1 to 3 minutes. Flip and brown on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes more. Reduce the heat if the pancakes are browning too quickly. Serve hot.
- Tip: Toast nuts before using in a recipe for the best flavor. To toast whole nuts, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes. To toast chopped, small or sliced nuts, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serving size: 2 pancakes
- Per serving: 300 calories; 15 g fat(5 g sat); 4 g fiber; 34 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 24 mcg folate; 89 mg cholesterol; 10 g sugars; 5 g added sugars; 444 IU vitamin A; 7 mg vitamin C; 210 mg calcium; 5 mg iron; 369 mg sodium; 311 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Iron (28% daily value), Calcium (21% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 medium-fat meat, 3 fat
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach