- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound zucchini, (about 2 medium), diced
- 12 ounces plum tomatoes, (3-4), diced
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 large eggs
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fill a large, straight-sided skillet or Dutch oven with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil. Add white vinegar.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in zucchini and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 tablespoon basil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, reduce the boiling water to a gentle simmer; the water should be steaming and small bubbles should come up from the bottom of the pan. Crack each egg into a small bowl and slip them one at a time into the simmering water, taking care not to break the yolks. Cook for 4 minutes for soft set, 5 minutes for medium set and 8 minutes for hard set. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a clean kitchen towel to drain.
- To serve, top each muffin half with some of the vegetable mixture, an egg, a sprinkling of cheese and the remaining basil.
- Per serving: 330 calories 14 g fat(4 g sat); 5 g fiber; 31 g carbohydrates; 21 g protein; 84 mcg folate; 374 mg cholesterol; 7 g sugars; 1343 IU vitamin A; 28 mg vitamin C; 107 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 681 mg sodium; 575 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (47% daily value), Vitamin A (27% dv), Folate (21% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2
- Exchanges: 1½ starch, 1 vegetable, 2 medium-fat meat
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach