- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat milk or water
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper, plus more for garnish
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- Whisk eggs, milk (or water), pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, tilting the pan to make sure the entire bottom is coated. Add the egg mixture and cook for 1 minute without stirring. Sprinkle bacon, cheese and chives over one half of the eggs. Cook for 1 minute. Using a flexible spatula, lift the bare side to let raw egg from the middle flow underneath; you may need to tilt the pan slightly. Continue lifting in different spots until there's almost no raw egg on top. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Using the spatula, flip the bare side over the filling, folding the omelet in half, and cook for 1 minute. (If the eggs are starting to brown, lower the heat.) Carefully flip the omelet over and cook 1 minute more. Serve immediately, garnished with more chives and pepper, if desired.
- Per serving: 244 calories; 19 g fat(8 g sat); 0 g fiber; 1 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 53 mcg folate; 397 mg cholesterol; 1 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 873 IU vitamin A; 2 mg vitamin C; 116 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 445 mg sodium; 200 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach