- 1 pound small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- ¾ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons za’atar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ cup finely minced dill pickle
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with 1 inch of cold water. Bring to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt to the boiling water. Reduce heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are tender when gently pierced with a knife, 12 to 14 minutes. Drain. Spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet and let cool for about 15 minutes. Halve or quarter them and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place a large bowl of ice water next to the stove. Bring a large skillet of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until just tender, about 1 minute. Transfer the asparagus with tongs to the ice bath for 1 minute, then transfer to a clean kitchen towel to wick away some of the water. Cut the asparagus into 2-inch pieces and add to the bowl with the potatoes.
- Combine yogurt, shallots, za'atar, lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Add the dressing to the asparagus and potatoes; toss well to coat. Add pickle, dill and pepper and toss again.
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Cut Down on Dishes: A rimmed baking sheet is great for everything from roasting to catching accidental drips and spills. For effortless cleanup and to keep your baking sheets in tip-top shape, line them with a layer of foil before each use.
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Per serving: 102 calories; 1 g fat(0 g sat); 2 g fiber; 19 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 67 mcg folate; 2 mg cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 524 IU vitamin A; 11 mg vitamin C; 55 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 320 mg sodium; 367 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach