- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 strips center-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 8-ounce package sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Using a spiral vegetable slicer or julienne vegetable peeler, cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into long, thin strands. You should have about 12 cups of "noodles."
- Cook the sweet potatoes in the boiling water, gently stirring once or twice, until just starting to soften but not completely tender, 1½ to 3 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water, then drain. Return the noodles to the pot, off the heat. Combine eggs, Parmesan, salt, pepper and the reserved water in a bowl; pour over the noodles and gently toss with tongs until evenly coated.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are starting to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the vegetables to the noodles and toss to combine. Top with a generous grinding of pepper.
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate the raw “noodles” (Step 2) for up to 1 day.
- Equipment: Spiral vegetable slicer
- Serving size: 1⅔ cups
- Per serving: 312 calories; 12.0 g fat(4.0 g sat); 6.0 g fiber; 38.0 g carbohydrates; 15.0 g protein; 89.0 mcg folate; 130 mg cholesterol; 12.0 g sugars; 0.0 g added sugars; 31536.0 IU vitamin A; 33.0 mg vitamin C; 235.0 mg calcium; 3.0 mg iron; 587 mg sodium; 818.0 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (631% daily value), Vitamin C (55% dv), Calcium (24% dv), Folate (22% dv)
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach