- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 ounces whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 chicken cutlets, ( ¾-1 pound total), trimmed
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 10-ounce package mushrooms, sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, whisk 5 teaspoons flour and broth in a small bowl until smooth. Place the remaining flour in a shallow dish. Season chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper and dredge both sides in the flour. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their juices and begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add garlic and wine to the pan and cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the reserved broth-flour mixture, lemon juice and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, capers, butter and the reserved mushrooms. Measure out ½ cup of the mushroom sauce. Toss the pasta in the pan with the remaining sauce. Serve the pasta topped with the chicken and the reserved sauce.
- Serving size: 3 oz. chicken & 1 cup pasta, topped with 2 Tbsp. sauce
- Per serving: 381 calories 8 g fat(2 g sat); 6 g fiber; 45 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 81 mcg folate; 52 mg cholesterol; 4 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 394 IU vitamin A; 11 mg vitamin C; 44 mg calcium; 4 mg iron; 665 mg sodium; 634 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Iron (22% daily value), Folate (20% dv)
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach