- Pickled Raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 whole cloves
- 10 cups thinly sliced cabbage (from 1 small head)
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 cups thinly sliced sugar snap peas (about 6 ounces)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- To prepare pickled raisins: Combine raisins, vinegar, water and cloves in a small nonreactive saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand until cool.
- To prepare slaw: Meanwhile, combine cabbage, carrots and snap peas in a very large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and gently toss to combine.
- Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, sesame seeds, caraway seeds, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, aniseed and celery seeds in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the slaw and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Drain the raisins (discard the liquid); add to the slaw and toss.
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate pickled raisins for up to 1 week. Refrigerate slaw for up to 1 day; toss before serving.
- Serving size: about 3/4 cup
- Per serving: 117 calories; 7 g fat(1 g sat); 3 g fiber; 12 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 36 mcg folate; 4 mg cholesterol; 8 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 2766 IU vitamin A; 32 mg vitamin C; 48 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 323 mg sodium; 235 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A 55% daily value), Vitamin C (54% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 fat
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach