- 2 pounds ripe plum tomatoes, stem ends trimmed, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 2 strips orange zest, cut into thin slivers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon fillet, (about 1 1/2 inches thick), skin removed (see Tip), cut into 4 portions
- reheat oven to 400 °F. Combine tomatoes, onion, orange zest and garlic in a large roasting pan or on a large baking sheet with sides. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes and onion are tender and beginning to brown on the edges, about 45 minutes. Remove pan from the oven. Increase oven temperature to 450 °.
- Add olives and rosemary to the pan; season with salt and pepper. Clear four spaces in the pan and place a salmon piece in each. Spoon some of the tomato mixture on top.
- Roast until the salmon is opaque in the center, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Tip: How to Skin a Fish Fillet You can ask to have the skin removed from a piece of salmon or halibut fillet at the fish counter, but it is also easy to do it yourself. Place the fillet, skin-side down, on a cutting board. Use a thin sharp knife to cut between skin and flesh at the tip. Grasp the skin with your free hand and ease the knife carefully between skin and flesh, keeping the knife pointed slightly toward the skin, until skin is removed.
- Per serving: 372 calories; 20 g fat(3 g sat); 3 g fiber; 14 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 70 mcg folate; 90 mg cholesterol; 6 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1360 IU vitamin A; 23 mg vitamin C; 37 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 585 mg sodium; 1282 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach