Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 8 oz whole-wheat linguine or spaghetti pasta
- 2 cups fresh asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 12 sea scallops (about 1 lb)
- Sea salt and fresh gound black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 tbsp minced garlic (4 to 6 cloves)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 oz shredded Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1 oz chopped unsalted walnuts (1/4 cup)
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Add asparagus to pot during the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking. Before draining pasta, reserve 1/4 cup pasta-cooking water in a small dish. Drain pasta and asparagus and return to pot.
- See the step-by-step guide “How to prepare and sear scallops” and follow steps 1 through 6.
- Prepare Pea Pesto: Reduce heat to medium. Deglaze pan by pouring 1/4 cup broth into pan and scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add garlic to pan and saute until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth and peas to pan and saute until broth and peas are just heated, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer pea mixture, including liquid, to a mini food processor or blender. Add Parmesan, walnuts, lemon juice, salt and pepper; process until combined, scraping down sides of processor as needed. Add pesto to pot with drained pasta and asparagus; toss until evenly coated. Add 2 tbsp reserved pasta-cooking water (and additional as needed to thin sauce) and stir until desired coating and texture is achieved. Divide pasta mixture among 4 plates. Top each serving with 3 seared scallops. If desired, garnish with additional chopped walnuts and shredded Parmesan.
Dedicated to your Health & Happiness!
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach