- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 small zucchini (about 1 pound total)
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese, large pieces broken in half
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine oil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Make crosswise cuts every 1/2 inch along each zucchini, slicing almost to the bottom but not all the way through. Gently fan the zucchini to open the cuts wider and place a small piece of Parmesan into each cut. Brush the oil mixture over the top.
- Place the zucchini on a double layer of foil and grill, without turning, until browned and tender, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 zucchini
- Per serving: 75 calories; 5 g fat(2 g sat); 1 g fiber; 4 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 29 mcg folate; 4mg cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 285 IU vitamin A; 21 mg vitamin C; 88 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 245 mg sodium; 319 mg potassium
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
- Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
Your Health Specialist: https://lynettew.myitworks.com/
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach