- 2 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup diced sopressata (see Tip) or salami (about 2 ounces)
- 1 medium lemon, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Cut chicken in half crosswise and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place flour on a plate and dredge both sides of the chicken in it. Shake off any excess. Whisk tomato paste and ⅓ cup water in a small bowl and place near the stove.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add sopressata (or salami) to the pan and cook, stirring, until browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste mixture and lemon. Return the chicken to the pan, cover and cook, turning once, until the sauce has thickened and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 165°F, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Tips: Sopressata is seasoned cured Italian sausage, usually made from pork. Look for it with other cured sausages or in the deli at well-stocked supermarkets. Try it in place of pepperoni or salami on a pizza or sandwich.
- Serving size: 3 oz. chicken & about 2 Tbsp. sauce each
- Per serving: 242 calories; 13 g fat(3 g sat); 0 g fiber; 5 g carbohydrates; 25 g protein; 17 mcg folate; 73 mg cholesterol; 1 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 78 IU vitamin A; 5 mg vitamin C; 16 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 394 mg sodium; 274 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach