- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons hot tap water
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon za'atar
- 1½ cups baby kale
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss cauliflower with oil, cumin and ⅛ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Transfer to a small baking dish; roast until the cauliflower is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk water, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, za'atar and the remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Place kale in the bottom of a shallow serving bowl. Top with cauliflower, quinoa and chickpeas; drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the dressing (save the rest for another use).
- Serving size: 1 bowl
- Per serving: 500 calories; 25 g fat(3 g sat); 12 g fiber; 55 g carbohydrates; 20 g protein; 166 mcg folate; 0 cholesterol; 4 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 2,427 IU vitamin A; 88 mg vitamin C; 172 mg calcium; 5 mg iron; 715 mg sodium; 1,043 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (147% daily value), Vitamin A (49% dv), Folate (42% dv), Iron (28% dv)
Body Fit by Lynette, LLC dba BODY FIT GYM
2703 Bearco Lp
La Grande, OR 97850
VETERANS APPLY FOR A FREE YEAR MEMBERSHIP: http://liftforthe22.org/select.php
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach