- 2 (8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil plus 1 tablespoon divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 4 slices bacon
- 1½ pounds zucchini and/or summer squash, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- Position racks in upper and lower third of oven; preheat to 425°F.
- Combine chicken, vinegar, 1 teaspoon oil, ½ teaspoon thyme and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Wrap 1 slice of bacon around each piece of chicken and place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast on the lower oven rack for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine squash, onion and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon thyme and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- After the chicken has cooked for 5 minutes, add the squash mixture to the pan in a single layer. Continue roasting for 10 minutes more.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Turn the broiler on high. Stir the vegetables and transfer the pan to the upper rack. Broil until the squash is tender and the chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- Serving size: ½ chicken breast & 1 cup vegetables
- Per serving: 334 calories; 19 g fat(5 g sat); 2 g fiber; 9 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 64 mcg folate; 101 mg cholesterol; 5 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 396 IU vitamin A; 30 mg vitamin C; 44 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 532 mg sodium; 916 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (50% daily value)
Body Fit by Lynette
1304 Adams Avenue
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
NESTA Lifestyle Fitness Coach
NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach