- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped unsalted nuts, such as peanuts or pecans
- 6 small apples, such as Eve or Paula Red
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and coat with cooking spray. Coat a tablespoon measure with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, agave, butter and salt in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat; as soon as the syrup starts to lightly bubble around the edges, cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute more. Add nuts and cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar is melted and the mixture darkens, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Working quickly, spoon about 1 tablespoon of caramel over each apple. Repeat, spooning another tablespoon of caramel over each apple, turning as you pour.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Insert popsicle/craft sticks into the tops. Press any stray strands of caramel back onto the apples. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in wax paper at room temperature for up to 1 day.
- Equipment: Wooden popsicle/craft sticks
- Shopping Tip: Choose unbruised, firm apples with smooth skin. Store for up to 4 months in the refrigerator.
- Per serving: 225 calories; 6 g fat(3 g sat); 4 g fiber; 44 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 9 mcg folate;10 mg cholesterol; 38 g sugars; 23 g added sugars; 199 IU vitamin A; 7 mg vitamin C; 23 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 54 mg sodium; 206 mg potassium
Body Fit by Lynette, LLC
BODY FIT GYM
2703 Bearco Lp
La Grande, OR 97850
Please Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bodyfitbylynette
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Body Fit by Lynette LLC
La Grande's Certified Fitness Trainer since 2004
ISSA Fitness Trainer
ISSA Specialist in Exercise Therapy
2019 NESTA Master Trainer